Our Beliefs, Vision and Values
- A free church - not a part of a traditional denomination
- Charismatic - open to the gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Evangelical - bible-believing
- Evangelistic - committed to making the Gospel of Jesus’ Kingdom known
We hold to the ancient Apostle’s and Nicene creeds. As a member of the Evangelical Alliance we affirm its Basis of Faith.
As we love God with our heart, soul, mind and strength, and our neighbours as ourselves, we play
our part in the wonderful adventure of bringing in more of God’s Kingdom by:
• Presenting the message of Jesus to the people of Forest Hill, Sydenham and beyond, with
words, actions, and signs, and seeing people come to faith in Jesus.
• Seeing people grow as disciples of Jesus, being rooted and grounded in God’s love, and
fruitful in reaching out to, and discipling others.
• Creating community in a fragmented world, offering a warm welcome, and nurturing a
multi-cultural expression of church.
• Encouraging youth and children to get to know Jesus, and find their identity in him.
Supporting parents as they nurture and guide their children in times of great challenge and exciting
• Sending and supporting workers wherever God has called them in the world. Contributing to
God’s global mandate by praying, giving, and going.
Each person is an image-bearer of God and is loved, invited and sought by Jesus. As a church we aim
to model that love, invitation, and welcome.
Discipleship is allowing Jesus to transform our lives to be more in his image. All we do as a church
should facilitate that discipleship adventure.
We all bring something vital to the life of the church. Every follower of Jesus is equipped by the Holy
Spirit with spiritual gifts to serve.
As a church and as individuals, Jesus is inviting us to be a part of his mission in the world, wherever
that might lead.